Sep 9, 2008

our decision...is it right?

After I gave birth, we put up a Computer Shop business near Perpetual School. My husband and I were full time hands-on with the business, the routine is Im the morning shift and he is the night shift. I have been blessed to work from home full-time running our business. The income is good, lahat ng expenses namin since I gave birth sa shop namin kinukuha, kahit malaki ang expenses monthly, we make sure na may idedeposit kami monthly sa savings namin.

After 1 year with the business, I feel bored with the everyday routine we do kaya I talk to my hubby na parang I miss working kasi kahit malaki ang kita ng shop, parang hindi ko ma-feel yung fulfillment kasi iba yung nagwo-work ka in a company and you’re contributing something. Then pumayag sya na mag-work ulit ako. After a week, I decided to apply in a BPO company, since we all know that BPO company gives high pay and also fringe benefits, yun nga lang you have to work at night since call centers caters the US market so we have to follow their time, then I get hired in a BPO company, of course night shift, from 10pm to 7am.

After a couple of months of working, Badz is the only one who handles the shop, it seems na parang everyday exhausted sya kasi he has to attend the shop for more than 15 hours a day, parang halos hindi na kami nagkikita. He will open the shop at the morning tapos pauwi pa lang ako from office, pagpasok ko naman wala pa sya, as in grabe yung time nya sa shop, tuwing weekend I have to go there just to see him and to know what’s going on with the business.

It took almost a year na ganon yung situation namin, there were times na iniisip ko na ibenta na lang yung shop para maging ok lahat and then the time comes when I made up my mind, we talked about it seriously since almost 2 years na din yung shop and we heard that we need to upgrade all the pc’s every two years so gastos na nman, its so hard to just let go of it since its been with us for years and pinaghirapan namin yun, sabagay we have to let go sometimes lalo na pag di na rin maasikaso and parang nkakaawa nman bebe ko, since kumita na rin kami for 2 years and we already have savings from income of the shop, we both agree to sell it, after a month of looking for the prospect buyer, hindi naman kami nahirapan kasi the location of our business is good, the buyer bought the shop for P200,000, not that bad kasi almost 2 years na din naman and 85% of the capital returns to us, kumita na kmi nabawi pa namin yung capital.

Badz decided to apply also in a BPO company, good thing he was hired on a first time interview. He’s now enjoying working in an international company and Im also happy with the decision we made kasi ngaun we’re both working, earning a good salary and have those benefits that all people wanted to have as an employee.

Now tell me, tama ba yung decision namin?

No comments:

Post a Comment